Northside is partnering with Finish the Wall and will take a team to Nicaragua in February 2018, to complete a church in Santa Matilda, Nicaragua. The church was planted by the leaders of Newsong Nicaragua, a ministry Finish the Wall partnered with in 2013. Several Northsiders were a part of the 2013 mission and fell in love with the country and it’s people and have sense led 2 other Northside teams to this area in 2015 and 2016. Pastor Walter Varelas, and his wife Claudia, lead a church that has been under construction for 8 years and serves an average of 120 kids, 8 times a week. Programs such as school reinforcement, feeding center, recreation, and education programs, help support their vision to provide a safe place for people to be taught the Word of God.
Finish the Wall will send four teams of 15 people in January and February 2018 to:
- Reconfigure the roof structure of the existing facility
- Add two multi-purpose classrooms
- Complete 2 bathrooms, and a kitchen
- Expanded the existing storage area, and complete a security wall around the facility.
- Complete the electrical, plumbing and septic systems.
Northside will field a team which will be in country from February 24, 2018 through March 3, 2018.